The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Reputation : I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples Reputation1
Registration date : 2007-12-28

I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples Empty
PostSubject: I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples   I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 12:27 pm

Male piggies have 2 nipples in exactly the same place as female piggies. If it's a male you should see his PENIS with a i shape, if it's a female you should see a Y shape. This cane be hard sometimes for beginners, and I recommend a vet check up, before any introductions to other piggies.

Last edited by on Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pigs N Buns

Pigs N Buns

Number of posts : 31
Reputation : I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples Reputation1
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples   I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 3:45 am

A friend pointed me to this site and I was reading a bit before I registered and when I came to this I HAD to find out what you meant.

I am not really sure i understand what you mean by:
"as long as your piggy displays the usual 'male' attributes you can rest assured."

I can rest assure of what? And what are you referring to when you say "usual male" attributes?

Are you insinuating that as long as my piggie acts like a male that I don't have to worry that it is a girl?

This can be dangerous information to be putting out there. If you are telling readers that there is typical 'female' behavior and typical 'male' behavior, they might be looking for this behavior as opposed to porperly sexing their guinea pigs and leading to MANY problems.

This post doesn't even make sense. As the administrator of this site, you should consider revising your post and be a bit more careful in how you word things.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

PostSubject: Re: I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples   I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:07 am

First what do you think when people say male attribute? In my sentence I do not see the word "behavior" so how your piggy acts is not the answer you should sex your piggy. Males have a i shape and females have a Y shape, but sometimes it can be hard to sex a piggy I would recommend before introducing him/her to his buddies to get him/her checked by a vet. I edited the sentence so that way you and other members can understand it better.
Back to top Go down
Pigs N Buns

Pigs N Buns

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples   I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:28 am

Thank you, that is much less confusing.

I think new guinea pig owner will understand this better and there won't be any confusion.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

PostSubject: Re: I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples   I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:39 am

Thanks ! Wink
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples   I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 5:23 am

I have a pic I can post, though I don't know how well it will come out once I scan it in and post it. If it will help, let me know, and I'll post it.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

PostSubject: Re: I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples   I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 5:29 am

That'll be great, I think there are two more pics in the forum we can post all the ones we can, to help those with sexing piggies, although a picture cannot always be 100% sure. I recommend a vet visit. What do you think???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples   I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I bought a male piggy but I have found that he has 2 nipples
Page 1 of 1