The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

How can I handle my piggy?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

How can I handle my piggy? Empty
PostSubject: How can I handle my piggy?   How can I handle my piggy? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 4:08 am

When handling your guinea pig, be sure to pick him up carefully to avoid injury or discomfort. Use one hand to support him under the chest, and the other hand to support him under the hindquarters. Never grab him over his back, as doing so can inhibit his breathing. And, of course, such a small pet can be easily injured if dropped, so be careful!

This picture shows the best way to handle a piggy to avoid any injuries.

How can I handle my piggy? Dscf0512
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: How can I handle my piggy?   How can I handle my piggy? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 8:54 am

I love this category, as I snuggle my piggies from day one. Most books say to keep them in your lap or on your arm, where you can control their movements. I keep them under my chin, where I can snuggle them, kiss them and play with their ears. Most piggies start out reluctant to trust humans. My experience shows that the closer the interaction, and the more often you interact with your piggy, the quicker your piggy starts to trust you and accept you.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

PostSubject: Re: How can I handle my piggy?   How can I handle my piggy? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:01 am

Aw, I do the same thing I place my babies in my chest like little babies I give them kisses in their heads (never thought I will kiss an animal) I did kiss 1 or twice my doggy in the head, but never thought I would kiss a guinea pig. I am so attach to them that sometimes my husband is talking with me and Im thinking about what can I do for them to keep them healthy, entertained. Laughing
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: How can I handle my piggy?   How can I handle my piggy? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:07 am

Animals feel love, and cavies like to be safe, as they're prey animals. I just figured combine love and safety, and it's called snuggling, lol. I've had great luck with it.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

PostSubject: Re: How can I handle my piggy?   How can I handle my piggy? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:11 am

HAHAHA! yeah, at first they are terrified of us. Although, my newest piggy which I adopted last month is not very scared of us, he rather calls for attention all the time by wheeek wheeek all around the house and when he sees me or my husband. He loves to lick my hands it feels so funny and he has this tiny little tongue. He is a long haired piggy but his old owners used to cut his hair. I am planning on leave it grow, my husband says he likes long hair piggies he has seen them on pictures and he goes nuts about them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can I handle my piggy?   How can I handle my piggy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How can I handle my piggy?
Page 1 of 1