The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

What should I know about cleaning the cage?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Reputation : What should I know about cleaning the cage? Reputation1
Registration date : 2007-12-28

What should I know about cleaning the cage? Empty
PostSubject: What should I know about cleaning the cage?   What should I know about cleaning the cage? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 4:00 am

OK, you've got the right cage and the right bedding. But you can't just plop Piggy into his new home and feed him now and then. The cage will need to be cleaned and the bedding changed. And guinea pigs thrive on loving attention and play, just as cats and dogs do.

To keep your pet's home clean and safe, change the bedding daily. Once a week, thoroughly wash and disinfect his cage with a solution of one ounce of bleach mixed in a liter or quart of water. Be sure the cage is rinsed well and completely dry before adding fresh bedding and putting Piggy back inside. Rinse feeders and waterers every day, too. And keep your friend's home dry, as dampness can cause illness.
Back to top Go down

What should I know about cleaning the cage?
Page 1 of 1