The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Cleaning The Cage.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Cleaning The Cage. Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning The Cage.   Cleaning The Cage. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 12:42 pm

Cleaning your cavy's cage might seem difficult and stressful, but it is all the contrary it is easy and very fast to do. All you need is a trash can, paper towel, a plastic container filled with a 50/50 vinegar and water solution and fresh beddings (whatever you use). Some pet stores sell cleaning products and they state that they are acceptable to clean your cavy's cage I will recommend you to ask your vet first to avoid any harm to your cavy's upper respiratory system. Some of these products may contain a highly amount of perfume and this can harm your cavy or it may be poisonous if by any accident your cavy digests it. I use a different methods to clean my cavies cages it all depends on how much busy I am between school and home. When I have a "free day" I clean all my cages with a 50/50 vinegar-water solution I use a broom to remove any poo or bedding, then I rinse the cages with water then I apply the same solution 1-2 times more until it looks and smells fresh to me. Then I apply the bedding food bowl water bottle and hidey houses. Another method I use it with soap (human body wash) and water I just put a little bit of it in the cage and then rinse it for a couple of minutes to make sure there is not any remains in the cage, I grab a bunch of paper towels and start drying the cages off. It takes about 2 hrs to clean all three cages I clean it once a week (every Wednesday) :D need more help? Feel free to ask me or the Mods.
Cleaning The Cage. 91609 Happy and clean Cavy Laughing
Back to top Go down
kaylinscavies

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-01-04

Cleaning The Cage. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning The Cage.   Cleaning The Cage. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 4:03 pm

i use vinegar too, and it does make sadie's cage smell nice and sadie popcorns all over the cage Laughing
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Cleaning The Cage. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning The Cage.   Cleaning The Cage. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:50 pm

It does help, I used to clean the house floor with it first then use another product because I did not like too much the smell and it left the house floor sparkling Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cleaning The Cage. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning The Cage.   Cleaning The Cage. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleaning The Cage.
Page 1 of 1