The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

My guinea pig bites at the sipper tube of her water bottle,

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Reputation : My guinea pig bites at the sipper tube of her water bottle, Reputation1
Registration date : 2007-12-28

My guinea pig bites at the sipper tube of her water bottle, Empty
PostSubject: My guinea pig bites at the sipper tube of her water bottle,   My guinea pig bites at the sipper tube of her water bottle, Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 3:50 am

Animals all have personality quirks, and your guinea pig simply may not be comfortable with the kind of water bottle she has. It's important that she gets plenty of water, though, so you should try giving her a few options to see what she likes best. First, you can try putting her water bottle down a little lower; she simply may not be able to reach it. If that doesn't work, try using a smaller water bottle with a smaller tube, such as a tube designed for hamsters and gerbils. You could also try using a large tube, like the tubes used for rabbits. It may just be that you need to find the right sized tube for her mouth.

If none of those ideas work, you could try a heavy, hard-to-tip ceramic water bowl. These bowls make a lot more mess than water bottles, so you'll need to clean her cage more often to make sure her feet stay dry and clean.

If you try all these options and your guinea pig still doesn't seem to be drinking, you can take her to your veterinarian for an examination.
Back to top Go down

My guinea pig bites at the sipper tube of her water bottle,
Page 1 of 1