The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Water Bottles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
melody201

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Water Bottles Empty
PostSubject: Water Bottles   Water Bottles Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 3:29 am

I bought 2 guinea pigs today and they are sharing a water bottle, on a few occasions today i have noticed one waiting for the other to finish. Is it worth putting another water bottle in?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Water Bottles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Bottles   Water Bottles Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 3:59 am

Melody, it is recommend that way they will drink without the need of waiting for each other. Did you bought the from the same place?
Back to top Go down
melody201

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Water Bottles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Bottles   Water Bottles Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 4:59 am

Yes they are from the same place, they are very happy with eachother. I bought two yesterday that I had to return as one was completely dominating the other to the point of fur being ripped out. I got these two in place and they are very happy. I will keep an eye on the water bottle sitaution.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Water Bottles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Bottles   Water Bottles Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 5:14 am

Try to keep an eye on them and if they are boys which I think (lol) be sure to give them plenty of space, although they were living together in the same place, therefore no fights or anything should happen. If you can buy them a different food bowl and water bottle that's just an advice is not a must do, but with boys we need to make them comfy. Good luck and if you need help please come back.
Back to top Go down
iloveanimals

iloveanimals

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Water Bottles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Bottles   Water Bottles Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 3:36 am

I disagree with what you done regarding the 2 you just gave back - I so would not of done that - poor piggies

However regarding the water bottle situation i would put 2 on the cage/hutch so they dont have to wait - Ive done this with cages that have 3 piggies in and where piggies just drink water all the time as it goes fast
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/guinea-pigz/
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Water Bottles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Bottles   Water Bottles Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 6:05 am

iloveanimals wrote:
I disagree with what you done regarding the 2 you just gave back - I so would not of done that - poor piggies

However regarding the water bottle situation i would put 2 on the cage/hutch so they dont have to wait - Ive done this with cages that have 3 piggies in and where piggies just drink water all the time as it goes fast
You're correct is not a must do but you'll be providing them the necessary amount of water they need everyday.
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Water Bottles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Bottles   Water Bottles Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 4:30 am

It's good to have more than one food dish and water bottle, just so the piggies don't fight over them or have them create competition between the piggies. but the dominance issue is part of piggy life, and they will wait their turn. IT's only a problem if one never lets the other eat or drink.

As for giving back you first two piggies. it's better to do what you can handle, than to have two pigs you can't deal with, and have more problems. You didn't have them very long, so they didn't get to know their new house. I would have kept them, also, but I've had piggies for a long time, and have lots of experience with them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Water Bottles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Bottles   Water Bottles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Water Bottles
Page 1 of 1