The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

My guinea pig is just about to have a litter - how soon can

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Reputation : My guinea pig is just about to have a litter - how soon can Reputation1
Registration date : 2007-12-28

My guinea pig is just about to have a litter - how soon can Empty
PostSubject: My guinea pig is just about to have a litter - how soon can   My guinea pig is just about to have a litter - how soon can Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Please think very carefully before breeding your pigs at all - any breeding carries risks for the mother and the resulting babies - and breeding straight away would put a terrible strain on the mother - as she recovers from the stress of giving birth to the first litter ! Perhaps you can offer a home to a needy/homeless pig from a rescue organisation instead ? If you really are intent on breeding your pig again please be as responsible as you possibly can. Do not let the boar have access to your sow after the first birth as she will be able to get pregnant again if he mates with her and this would really be too much of a strain on her and could have tragic consequences- on this note, also ensure you remove any male babies from her at approx 3 weeks old. Leave at least 3-4 months before even considering breeding from her again to ensure she is strong and healthy. But I would encourage you to be very careful and responsible.
Back to top Go down

My guinea pig is just about to have a litter - how soon can
Page 1 of 1