The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

At what age do guinea pigs become sexually mature ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Reputation : At what age do guinea pigs become sexually mature ? Reputation1
Registration date : 2007-12-28

At what age do guinea pigs become sexually mature ? Empty
PostSubject: At what age do guinea pigs become sexually mature ?   At what age do guinea pigs become sexually mature ? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 12:31 pm

Baby guinea pigs should be separated from mom at 3 weeks of age. Not doing so will end up in a pregnancy, because at 3 weeks of age the baby boar is able to mate with his mom. This could be a huge problem, because the pups may born with defects and deformities, so I personally will take out the baby boar.
Back to top Go down
Petlee

Petlee

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: At what age do guinea pigs become sexually mature ?   At what age do guinea pigs become sexually mature ? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 5:20 pm

"because the pups may born with defects and deformities,"

Have you honestly ever seen a deformed baby relating to this quote ????? scratch

Well I have never... Yes it is wise to remove the males from their mothers at 3 - 4 weeks of age to prevent any un planned matings.

Has you heard of LINE Breeding... so many big studs use this method to produce better typed cavies and they have been doing so for many years now.

Lee
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: At what age do guinea pigs become sexually mature ?   At what age do guinea pigs become sexually mature ? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 12:28 am

Honestly, I do not know shoot about breeding and I'm not interesting in knowing so, but I would really like to learn about it and hear your stories about it, so feel free to inform us about all your duties.
Back to top Go down

At what age do guinea pigs become sexually mature ?
Page 1 of 1