The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

In memory of my girl Pulguita :(

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

In memory of my girl Pulguita :( Empty
PostSubject: In memory of my girl Pulguita :(   In memory of my girl Pulguita :( Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:06 am

Pulguita was my loud girl who everyday wheek and wheek when she used to see me. She was a funny loud girl, although she was very crumpy she loved to be petted and specially during food time. Unfortunately, I was unemployed and applied for several jobs and never got any answer back, but I was so happy because all my piggies were healthy, happy and playful. Until I noticed my girl stopped playing like she used to it called my attention and I started to apply evewhere no matter what it was. Baby girl got better but I kept applying and applying 'till I got an answer the manager is a very nice person and managed to help me get he job because they were looking for an experience personnel. The sad part was that pulguita started going bad again and my pay check was suppose to be given to my the 27th Crying or Very sad I started the 8th and I was so happy I was going to take my baby to a vet to check her out. On the 10th I was watching some videos of my babies and she looked so happy and I felt like hugging her and I went to her cage but I noticed that she didn't ate her favorite food and she was a bit shakey and weak and I knew something was wrong it was 2AM something so I decided to take her in the morning to the vet in the early morning. I went to bed and couldn't sleep, she got better for a while and that relieved me a little. I woke up at 8Am and went to kiss her like usual and play with her and she wasn't answering, I talked to her and laughed and laughed thinking she was playing but she was responding than my husband looked at me and said she wasn't responding because she had passed away. I got so, so, so, so sad I just felt like sitting in the floor and cry next to her because she was so close to the vet visit and because of our financial issues I couldn't safe her. I didn't wanted to let her go and I stayed the whole day looking at her and kept her in her cage next to me until hub told me it was time to let go Crying or Very sad I felt terrible and I still feel terrible. We burried her and I stayed next to her for a little until I had to go to work, feeling lonely and worthless.

Wherever you are baby, mommy will always remember you and love you. No other piggy will ever fill the whole you left in my heart

In memory of my girl Pulguita :( 770912
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my girl Pulguita :(   In memory of my girl Pulguita :( Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:42 pm

You did the best you could, under the circumstances. Not everyone has the money or the means to get the medical help their piggies need. The point is you were trying. You didn't let her down. You don't know what killed her, but it's possible no amount of vet intervention would have helped. I know none of this makes you feel any better or less guilty. When I trusted Dakota's health to a bad vet and my daughter paying attention to her piggies and actually caring for them, it cost him his life. I'm still angry with myself and feel guilty I didn't intervene sooner, but she bought the pigs, kept them in her filthy room where it was too dangerous for me to try to get to them, and I didn't take them away from her when I should have. I was too busy doing the "fine, if you won't clean your room so I can get in there, I just won't check on the pigs". I never dreamed Dakota was so sick. She never said he was until it was too late to help him, or I would have taken him back to the bad vet, if nothing else.
It's sad to lose a pet for any reason, but it's especially hard if we could have done more but didn't, for whatever reason. The important thing is to learn from this. Put some pay into a vet account so you always have the money for vet treatment. A savings account gains interest while it's waiting to be used, and you have the peace of mind of knowing, even if your job goes away, you have the money set aside for their care.
I learned that my daughter wasn't a good pet owner, nor was she ever going to clean her room. I took the pigs away from her and moved them to the living room where I could care for them and keep an eye on them. Dakota finally had to be put to sleep, and it broke my heart, but I got his cagemate, Dallas, to love and cherish, and he loved and cherished me back. I don't even have pigtures of Dakota, as he was in daughter's room where I couldn't safely go. I don't know if she ever took any pics. He shouldn't be forgotten because he got a bad owner, so I kind of cherish the guilt I feel for not getting him help sooner. It keeps him in my heart and mind, where he deserves to be forever.
Lots and lots of hugs. We've all been there in some way, and know how you feel.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my girl Pulguita :(   In memory of my girl Pulguita :( Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:16 am

Thank you very much for your words.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my girl Pulguita :(   In memory of my girl Pulguita :( Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 6:48 am

I made this slideshow of some of the pictures I have from my girl. Looking at them I could tell what we were doing at that momment and how much I would like to have her back and hear her wheeks again Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Bandit

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my girl Pulguita :(   In memory of my girl Pulguita :( Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:20 am

I'm sorry for your loss Sad

Rest In Peace Pulguita
Back to top Go down
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Menagerie
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my girl Pulguita :(   In memory of my girl Pulguita :( Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:45 am

Thank you for your words, I still can't believe and resist to the idea that she's not with me anymore Crying or Very sad I cant stop looking at the slideshow and cry over my baby. I will never forget her or get over it.
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my girl Pulguita :(   In memory of my girl Pulguita :( Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 8:05 pm

I love the pic of Wheeeek, and the one of her kissing mommy. It gets a bit easier with time, but because we love them so much, we don't get over losing them very easily. Hang in there. I wish I could tell you how to make it better, but it just takes time.

Hugs!!!
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my girl Pulguita :(   In memory of my girl Pulguita :( Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 1:41 am

Everytime I see her pictures or look at the baby it breaks my heart. I love the picture where she's looking at up like saying HI! she looks so cute Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my girl Pulguita :(   In memory of my girl Pulguita :( Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 4:29 am

I have Dallas as the picture or wall paper on my PDA, so every time I use it, I see him. I always give him a kiss and tell him I miss him. Maybe putting her on as your computer background or on your cell phone, if you can, would help, as you'd see her a lot. I know it helps me to have Dallas there.
Hugs!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In memory of my girl Pulguita :(   In memory of my girl Pulguita :( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In memory of my girl Pulguita :(
Page 1 of 1