The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Do cavies dig much?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Do cavies dig much? Empty
PostSubject: Do cavies dig much?   Do cavies dig much? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:53 am

i have a pen outside made of chicken wire and wood that i let my 2 rabbits play in but i have to supervise them in case they dig under the pen and escape. Are cavies good diggers?
Back to top Go down
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Menagerie
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Do cavies dig much?   Do cavies dig much? Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:26 pm

Well, my piggies love to dig to see why their cages has something red (lol it's the floor dummies lol) and specially Princess (baby) she loves to dig little wholes in the cage, although the little girl and the little boy are the ones who loves to dig, one thing I can tell you for sure is they love to bite, bite, and bite wood Smile
Back to top Go down
Pigjes

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Do cavies dig much?   Do cavies dig much? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:53 pm

I had a digger once. He loved to dig holes to sleep in, lol.
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Do cavies dig much?   Do cavies dig much? Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:21 am

Rabbits dig for safety. They live in holes they dig or find already dug. They're much more comfortable in holes than in runs. Cavies don't really dig the same way, in the wild, and ours haven't been in the wild for so long, they dig more for pleasure than for safety. As long as they have a hidey where they can feel safe, they shouldn't dig, and they won't try to dig their way out of the cage. Piggies are very here-and-now. Give them grass to eat, a place to run around and a hidey should they get scared, and they should stay in the run just fine. Remember, don't leave them alone, while in the run. Wild animals attack piggy runs and can tip the run so get in.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Do cavies dig much?   Do cavies dig much? Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 6:11 am

My baby boy (Osito) he loves to dig and get comfty in his bedding I love it when he does that so does cenizo when I was using newspaper he used to get under the newspaper to avoid the light in the room lol, first time he did it I was like OMG! where's Cenizo? they something moved and I was like OOOOHHHH! how did he do that?? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do cavies dig much?   Do cavies dig much? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do cavies dig much?
Page 1 of 1