The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

PawsTastic Pet Site

Go down 
+6
3Piggles
animal lover
littlebunnyphuphu
CircleOfBoys
GuineaPigLuvver
pghsteelersgirl7
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pghsteelersgirl7
pghsteelersgirl7

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-01-06

PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:06 am

Pigjes wrote:
Great site!! I was finally able to see it!!

You could not see the site before KJ. That is odd.
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:05 am

I love the hamsters across the ocean aspect of Pawstastic being listed on a UK forum. That's great!!! I love the link, too. Great job!!
Back to top Go down
Pigjes

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:31 am

pghsteelersgirl7 wrote:
Pigjes wrote:
Great site!! I was finally able to see it!!

You could not see the site before KJ. That is odd.

I have no internet at the temp place we live in, except for a hotspot down the parking lot, in the cold and draft, lol. It has a lousy connection and it timed out on the site.
Back to top Go down
KimmiesGuineas

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:10 am

I think I understand, but this could definitely be seen as conflicting and confusing messages. What's the official deal with posting forum links?
Back to top Go down
pghsteelersgirl7
pghsteelersgirl7

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:16 pm

KimmiesGuineas wrote:
I think I understand, but this could definitely be seen as conflicting and confusing messages. What's the official deal with posting forum links?

What do you mean by that Kimmie,

I remember that KJ, I forgot about that.
Back to top Go down
KimmiesGuineas

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:49 pm

pghsteelersgirl7 wrote:
KimmiesGuineas wrote:

What do you mean by that Kimmie

The first page of this post is semi confusing, with people posting links, and being asked not to, but saying it's cool, etc. so I was just wondering what the official stand on posting forum links was.
Back to top Go down
pghsteelersgirl7
pghsteelersgirl7

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 1:40 am

Oh she was saying that no one to post other site links unless they are your site.
Back to top Go down
KimmiesGuineas

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 5:45 am

Alrighty, thanks.
Back to top Go down
pghsteelersgirl7
pghsteelersgirl7

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 2:52 pm

I have added galleries to my site. When you join you can click on gallery, then members gallery to see ours.

TO create your own, go to gallery, then click on upload tab. Add an image, it will create a gallery with your username so when you go to the gallery and then click on members gallery, you will see your name there.

If you want folders for certain photos let me know and I will create them for you in your gallery folder. Make sure you tell me what name of the new folder you want.
Back to top Go down
pghsteelersgirl7
pghsteelersgirl7

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 12:34 pm

I have installed a blog to the site as well. So you guys can do a blog on each pet, stores etc. come on in and check it out.

You have to be a member for many of these features.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 10:32 pm

Sounds great! You have some great features!
Back to top Go down
pghsteelersgirl7
pghsteelersgirl7

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 1:25 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
pghsteelersgirl7
pghsteelersgirl7

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 11:52 am

Hey all I could use some suggestion here.

I will be adding multiple forums to where you only register once and you are in all forums.

NOw I am doing a main forum which already has been done, then I will have just rescues forum for rehoming, etc.

My hubby said why not do a domesticated pets, and small pets. What do you think.

I could use some ideas and all, also come on in and join.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:16 am

I think it'a great idea! try to do as much forums as you can to please your visitors, the more categories you have the more options they will have to express themselves. Go for it, and my prayers to your cousing Laurie told me about it.
Back to top Go down
pghsteelersgirl7
pghsteelersgirl7

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:12 am

Well you don't want to have to many empty forums as well too. That draws people away as well. I would have to fill in the blanks so it looks active. Even with very few members.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:23 pm

Yeah, try to have as much forums as you can but try to keep them up with info. that's the secret. Try to put articles or personal experiences to give out info and help.
Back to top Go down
pghsteelersgirl7
pghsteelersgirl7

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 12:49 pm

Yeah I know also if members would return and post away too.
Back to top Go down
pghsteelersgirl7
pghsteelersgirl7

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:12 pm

Alright, here is what I have done.

www.pawstastic.net is my main site. All the info, pet chats, general chats, news etc.

www.pawstastic.net/rescues are for all rescue informations, rehoming, transports, fosterings, classifieds and where to buy etc.

I do have a question for you all though. In the rescues I have where to buy. I am not sure how to set it up because I want to do specific areas such as states, country etc. OR should I just leave it with no states countries etc.
Back to top Go down
pghsteelersgirl7
pghsteelersgirl7

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 12:36 pm

I am looking for private rescue sites from all over so I can add them to my site.

Also I am looking for other pet sites that do NOT support breeding so I can add them to my site as well too.

I am starting up sponsor a pet as well. I have one approval from one person from California and waiting for 2 more.

I have remodeled my site as well come and check it out and join too.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:55 am

pghsteelersgirl7 wrote:
Alright, here is what I have done.

www.pawstastic.net is my main site. All the info, pet chats, general chats, news etc.

www.pawstastic.net/rescues are for all rescue informations, rehoming, transports, fosterings, classifieds and where to buy etc.

I do have a question for you all though. In the rescues I have where to buy. I am not sure how to set it up because I want to do specific areas such as states, country etc. OR should I just leave it with no states countries etc.
I think setting them up with their State, City, and County will be a good idea for people to see where the adoptable pets are availble. If I want to adopt a dog I'll love to know his/her location, so that's a thumbs up Smile
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 4:23 am

I think, if it's possible, I would do country first, so people get to the right main place. Then I would do city, as that's the same worldwide. After that, some countries have regions, others have counties, we have states, so it would be harder to search that way. If possible, let them search within a certain distance of their city. I don't know how that's done, but most companies I deal with on-line have a search feature than includes a distance, say all stores within 25 miles of that city, or 100 miles of that city. The site is looking great!!!
Back to top Go down
pghsteelersgirl7
pghsteelersgirl7

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:23 am

I have already added United States, and other countries such as England, Asia, Africa, Canada, South America and Australia. IN united states I have added all 50 states.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:17 am

Yes, I think that's a good idea. It would be nice to have something like:
Country-----
State-------
City--------
Distance of location---------

or something like that it'll be very easy for someone looking for a pet. Great idea! good luck and if you need any help PM me or post it here.
Back to top Go down
pghsteelersgirl7
pghsteelersgirl7

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 3:09 pm

Ok, no one seems to like the site set up or what. I am paying money to try and make this work.

My question is this. Did you guys like the site itself or is it too much involved.

Did you like just a simple forum like wheekers.

I am asking this so I can find a away to please people.

Help
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:58 am

I don't think it's anything like Wheekers, and can't really compare the two. Pawstastic is sort of a combination of Wheekers, Petfinder, American Humane Society and USA Today. It's a rescue site with extra information not normally found on a rescue site that advertises animals for adoption. You're doing links to adoptions, information about caring for animals and giving them good lives, and a place for people who are interested in rescuing, caring for different rescued animals, etc. to go to learn, share information and be able to show pics and things to other people with similar interests. You're trying to do something very special.

It's going to take time for it to take off. I think, once you have the basic site running the way you want it running, accomplishing what you want it to do, the rest will start to fall into place.

I will check the site again in case you've changed anything since the last time i was there, but last time I checked it was looking very good. I don't know how you make the forums/site known to people searching for such sites, but once it's there, they will find it. I really wish I had more time to spend on your site and give you feedback. I have enough trouble doing one site well. I will try to get there more often, and let you know how I think it's going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PawsTastic Pet Site   PawsTastic Pet Site - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PawsTastic Pet Site
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next