The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

What do I have to do before adopting/buying a guinea pig?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Reputation : What do I have to do before adopting/buying a guinea pig? Reputation1
Registration date : 2007-12-28

What do I have to do before adopting/buying a guinea pig? Empty
PostSubject: What do I have to do before adopting/buying a guinea pig?   What do I have to do before adopting/buying a guinea pig? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 3:53 am

Before welcoming Piggy into your home, it's a good idea to read up on guinea pigs and their care. Also, find a veterinarian in your area who is comfortable treating guinea pigs; not all of them are.

Your new guinea pig should be at least six weeks old before bringing him home. Guinea pigs can already breed at this age, so be sure not to keep a male and female in the same cage unless at least one is neutered. (Check with your veterinarian for more information about getting your pet spayed or neutered.)

Guinea pigs come in a variety of colors and coats from which you can choose. They may be a solid color, or a combination of two or three colors. Their coat may be short, long, silky or whorled. There are even hairless guinea pigs! If you choose a long-haired guinea pig, be prepared to help him groom himself by combing him once every two or three weeks.
Back to top Go down

What do I have to do before adopting/buying a guinea pig?
Page 1 of 1