The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Who gets the pets?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
3Piggles
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Who gets the pets? Empty
PostSubject: Who gets the pets?   Who gets the pets? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 8:16 am

Recently, a group of us friends and piggy owners discussed who would care for our pigs if something happened to us. Even young people can die suddenly and unexpectedly, leaving behind pets their family members don't want or can't care for properly. So we made arrangements for the people we knew would treat our pets the way we would have, to take our pigs in the event something happens to us.

I agreed to take the guinea girls from a couple of friends, and am happy to say I was asked and agreed to take the special needs pigs of a friend who has tried to provide homes for as many special needs pigs as possible. It was very rewarding to be the person she asked to take her special babies.

We did two things. We put the instructions for the person to get our pigs, in a will. It doesn't have to be a formal will drawn up by a lawyer. As long as it's put in writing, signed by you and witnessed by someone, it's a legal document. Next we made arrangements with family members, a rescue or a vet to get the pigs to their new owner. This was also included in the will, so the instructions will be available to anyone reading the will.

Making arrangements for someone to take care of your pets if you can't, is a great relief. You know they will be cared for and loved, even if you can't be the one doing it. People with family members who will keep the pets and love them as we would are the lucky ones, but we aren't all that lucky. I know this is a sad thing to think about, but pets don't have a voice, and need us to make arrangements for them.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Who gets the pets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who gets the pets?   Who gets the pets? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 8:40 pm

Laurie, this is a good idea because we cannot predict what will happen in the future and by maing a will is the bestway to settle things. If something would happen to me ( god don't hear this words lol) I would love to give my special babies to Laurie and Pigjes. The reason I decided this is because I've seen, read, heard about, and proved to myself that you two take good care of your piggies. The way you two talk about your pets is the way a responsible and carring pet owner would do. I would love to give my piggy to either one of you, that's if you agree.
Back to top Go down

Who gets the pets?
Page 1 of 1