The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Sprocket lost the battle

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
3Piggles
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Sprocket lost the battle Empty
PostSubject: Sprocket lost the battle   Sprocket lost the battle Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 9:16 pm

I have a friend in Michigan who had 10 piggies. She got her first piggy after her son died, and the therapist suggested getting a pet for her and her other son, to help get them through the bad period. She and her son got King George, piggy number one. Then she went on-line to a cavy forum and met people who told her to get that piggy a friend, so she went to a rescue and found Sprocket. KG became her son's piggy, and Sprocket became her piggy.

Sprocket has been so badly abused, he was isolated at the rescue, and totally freaked out when ever anyone went near him. With my friend's love and devotion, he became a happy, loving piggy boy who gave her snuggles and lots of really cute pigtures. To say the least, the two of them were extremely close.

Little Sprocket rallied enough to play with the other 9 piggy boys, but the stone dislodged and tore him up inside. He didn't make it until the meds arrived, and was put to sleep last night.

I'm posting this because my friend is such a wonderful person, who lost her son, gave all that love to a little guinea guy who desparately needed her, and now has lost him too. She's totally devasted, and only other piggy people can really understand how she feels. Sprocket is no longer in any pain, and is playing over the Rainbow Bridge with all the other wonderful pets who have gone before. But my friend has to get through a really rough period, she's thousands of miles away from me, so I can't even give her a real hug. I wish I could be there to cry with her. Now she only has 9 little piggies. It's amazing that such small animals can leave such huge holes in our lives when they're gone.

Rest in peace Little Sprocket. Your mommy really misses you.
Back to top Go down
hamsterhaven

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Sprocket lost the battle   Sprocket lost the battle Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:28 pm

That is so sad.
I am so glad that she had the heart to rescue a piggy which was scared of people.
R.I.P Sprocket, and best wishes for your friend.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Sprocket lost the battle   Sprocket lost the battle Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:08 am

WOW! that's terrible poor piggy and I feel very, very, very, very sorry for your friend she must be feeling more than bad and probably she would be blaming everything on herself, I still do! even though hub is always telling me that I gave all I could to my baby girl pulguita it only takes one piggy lover to know what other feel when we don't have that little creature to pet anymore. I'm sorry for your friend's loss.
Back to top Go down
Pigjes

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Sprocket lost the battle   Sprocket lost the battle Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 1:32 am

I know her and her heart for piggies is bigger than herself. I'm so sorry she lost Sprocket!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sprocket lost the battle   Sprocket lost the battle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sprocket lost the battle
Page 1 of 1