The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KimmiesGuineas

Number of posts : 36
Reputation : My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!! Reputation1
Registration date : 2008-01-04

My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!! Empty
PostSubject: My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!!   My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 4:04 am

The AJC called to interview me for an upcoming article they're doing! I did it yesterday and it's going to come out a week from this Sunday. They chose my rescue and another because, according to them, we're the two main/biggest rescue in the state.

AJC is the only major newspaper in Atlanta and gets 2.3 million individual readers a week, so I'm extremely excited annd I'm definitely going to type it up and put it on here!
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!!   My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:36 am

WOW!!!!!!! congratulations!!!!!!!!! Please try to take a pic or scan the article to post it here Smile YEY!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
KimmiesGuineas

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!!   My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!! Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 2:56 am

Alright, so here's the full story. The other main rescue in my state is doing an event called Pigstock, and they had the newspaper do a story on them. The newspaper decided it would be a good idea to have the state's other main rescue in for a tiny tidbit of it, so here's what it said:

Kimberlie Brooks, 15, of Lilburn, opened Kimmies Guineas Rescue a year ago after having guinea pigs four years. The high school freshman has found homes for more than 100 pigs.

"They're little, but they have huge personalities and they're smart, too," Brooks said.

It looks like a lot more and cooler (somehow it took up two paragraphs) in the newspaper. And they kinda misquoted me, but that's alright because I'm still thrilled.

Last edited by KimmiesGuineas on Thu May 01, 2008 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!!   My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!! Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:21 am

Awwww, how cute!!! congratulations and I hope you keep saving 100 more lives. Thanks for caring and loving your piggies
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!!   My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:11 pm

I'm only a month late with this but Congratulations!!! Great job on the rescue and the recognition. Every bit helps.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!!   My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:33 am

That's neat being in the newspaper! Congrats Smile

And kudos on rescuing cavies :D
Back to top Go down
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Menagerie
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!!   My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My rescue's going to be in the newspaper!!
Page 1 of 1