The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

The 3Piggles

Go down 
+3
Dawn
GuineaPigLuvver
3Piggles
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
3Piggles
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-01-05

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 4:30 am

These are my kids. I hope you like them. The black one is Zippy, aka ZipZip, my boar. He's 4. The white one is Harlequin, aka Harley and Little Girl and LG. She had two mammory tumors removed in December, and was shaved from her shoulders to her butt. Her hair is growing back slowly. Meanwhile, she looks like a lion with a mane, so I call her my lion piggy. The brown one is Fudgy Momma, aka Fudgy and Momma.

The 3Piggles FudgeR
The 3Piggles Christmas2007andPiggies020
The 3Piggles Christmas2007andPiggies022
The 3Piggles Christmas2007andPiggies018
The 3Piggles Bathtime003
The 3Piggles P1010007

LG is wet after a bath, in the first pic, and under her hay loft in the second pic. She's usually in the hay. LG and Momma came from a rescue in my last town. A family that didn't want them any more turned them in to the rescue. They were suppose to be mother and daughter, i.e. Momma and LG. They aren't related, as they aren't even the same breed of pig, but it took me a while to realize that as it was a horribly hot and humid summer, and my late, beautiful piggy Dallas was having so many breathing problems, he got all the extra attention. Because the original owners didn't give the rescue any information, I have no idea how old they are, and the vet said they're in such good condition, he can't guess at an age. Momma is going blind, but she still gets around really well.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 4:43 am

Your piggies are adorable they look so sweet.
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:07 am

Zippy is my talker. Momma is my cuddler and all round explorer pig, and LG is my shy piggle. :blinkingpiggy:
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:10 am

aww, they all are adorable
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 3:38 am

Uses for a fake log in the cage. 1) as a play tunnel. 2) as a carrot top holder.

The 3Piggles CarrotTopLog001
The 3Piggles CarrotTopLog005
The 3Piggles CarrotTopLog004
Back to top Go down
Dawn

Dawn

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-01-04

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 4:34 am

Aww.. cute piggies love the log idea Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cutiecavies.co.uk
3Piggles
3Piggles

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 9:54 am

I only put carrot tops or dandilions in there once in a while, but they check it regularly to see if anything's in there. When I put something in the log, at least I get some cute pigtures out of it.
Back to top Go down
CircleOfBoys

CircleOfBoys

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-12-31

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 8:02 am

don't mean to bust a bubble but please get rid of the log. It is bad beyond beliefe for them. It's made from a sugar like ingrediant that is hard for them to digest. Things at pet shops like seed treats, thoes logs, and excersice balls could kill your pigs, or harm them in other ways. :hugs: Also, Make sure you don't bath the pigs more than one every two months if their american or gets realy dirty. They chill easily, and their skin can dry up.

sorry! I just don't want anything to happen to your piggies.

I love your pigs tho! lol
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 3:10 am

The pigs chewed on the log a little at first, then just use it as a tunnel. They haven't chewed it since probably the first week I got it. I didn't know it was made of sugary material. I'll check on that.
The pigs were really dirty, and I know they chill easily. They don't get baths very often, but when they do, we have a routine. They get washed, and in this last case, conditioned against dry skin. Then wrapped in big, fluffy towels to get off the excess water. Then they go into the snuggly, which is a big basket I put a heating pad on the bottom, cover it with dry towels, put in the piggies, and cover them with more dry towels. They bounce the towels around until they get tired, then go to sleep in the snuggly warmth. I usually have them in my lap in the snuggly. Don't worry, the heating pad is approved for that application, is completely covered in plastic and has a nice "warm" setting that is perfect for lulling piggies to sleep.
While they're in the bath, there is plenty of warm water to keep them warm, even if they think it's terrible. Momma swims a lot, so she stays warmer, and she likes to swim under the water from the faucet, so that runs lightly and is warm. I don't have anything for them to get out of the water onto, so they have to stay in the warm water, not get out and shiver.
LG got her coat shaved for an operation, and the growing in was itchy for her. AFter the conditioning, she hasn't scratched at all. I have Neem lotion and spray for the itchies, should they come back from dry skin, and only Zippy considers it torture to get Neemed, lol. The girls love it.
Bath time is as quick as possible, so they don't get to get a chill. I try to have hub or daughter help. Their job is to make sure the pigs not getting washed are warm enough, but keeping the warm water on them.
I appreciate your concern, and it's good that you're aware of the possible problems and are willing to share the info with others. Over the years, I've worked out a pretty good bath system, for when they have to get baths. They probably don't get bathed more than two or three times a year, unless they get really filthy for some reason.
Back to top Go down
CircleOfBoys

CircleOfBoys

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-12-31

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 8:53 am

oh oh :hugs: no hard feelings than?

I only wash my boys if they get dirty or need some kind of treatment. they realy don't like water and I have to pretty much talk and hold them while trying to massage soap in with one hand.

Lol jiggy is my first guinea pig to have, Early is my second. Now I have two girls that are scared to do much holding or petting because the last owner had kids. Also, The bigger female that came with the younger one is pregant so...:adds onto her already three story cage:
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 4:58 am

A couple of cute pics of Zippy in the Turleloo, being lazy.

The 3Piggles P1240002
The 3Piggles P1240003
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:49 am

Laurie, if you can when you post pics can you upload them with the size of 320 px the bigger the pics get the slow the page loads Wink thanks. Your piggies are so cutee!!!!
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:53 am

There must be parameters on Photobucket that I just didn't notice. I will check and try to get them smaller.
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:57 am

I found the resizing thing, and will do my pics from now on.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:58 am

Thank you very much!!!!
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 6:02 am

As some of you know, my daughter bought two piggies, Dallas and Dakota, which started the whole piggy thing for me. I joined my first forum when Dakota got really sick, seeking medical help. I lost him, but became so close to Dallas in the process, it was wonderful. Dallas got pneumonia. We got him through that, but he developed allergies, including hay fever. I use to mist the hay as I put it in the cage. changed to all wooden houses because the plastic ones made it hard for him to breathe, and spent a fortune on meds and oxygen tent treatments for him, to make his life as good as possible. I finally lost him two days after Thanksgiving, 2005. I was so broken up, a friend wrote a eulogy for him on the forum where we were members. I want to share one of the few pics I have that didn't get lost when my old disk crashed. This is a pigture of my beloved Dallas with a very young Zippy.

The 3Piggles P1010105
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:25 am

They both are beautiful and once more I am very sorry for your lost. I wish every single bad thing with guinea pigs could disapear or not happen, but that's not possible Crying or Very sad today I have my piggies and they are healthy and happy, but who knows what can happen tomorrow and I honestly can't say I will be strong and deal with it, because I'll be lying to myself and you guys. The good thing is that you gave him love, care, and affection and I know he loved you for those reasons.

R.I.P The 3Piggles 838966
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:39 am

I always took Zippy to the vet when Dallas has to get checked or an oxygen treatment. Zippy knew Dallas was sick, and was very worried about it. Zippy would sit on my left shoulder (always) and tell me everything that was on his mind. We often had a good hour in the waiting room to just talk, and I definitely knew what Zippy was saying. It was a combination of sounds and body language, and we had good, long talks.
Dallas played less and less as he got older and sicker, and would sit in my lap watching Zippy run around the floor, bump the dog's foot with his nose, and popcorn. Dallas would move up under my chin or to the back of my neck, and snuggle. He knew I loved him, especially after being with daughter. I'd give him his meds. He'd fall asleep on me, and I'd just sit there while he slept, so happy to have him with me. I don't lose piggies easily, either. That's why there are forums like this one, where we can talk to other people who have been there.
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:43 am

After Dallas, I got Mr. Grisham (Grishy) from a wonderful rescue in Massachusetts. He was my little clown, rolling over on the floor to look cute, so I'd give him a treat. We went to Florida last March, and i boarded the kids at the vet. Grishy got a sudden URI, and died within two hours of showing signs. I wanted to post a pic of him, so everyone could see how cute and sweet he was. This is Grishy with Zippy.

The 3Piggles P1010044
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:47 am

Awww, that's adorable I love talking to my babies (I'm not crazy!!!! lol) body language makes you feel very special, the baby one let's me touch him and play with his chin and when I touch his little cutie back he stretches like saying UUUMMM mommy that feels good. He also turns a little to the side for me to play with his little ribbies (ribs) lol I love all of them and they are very special and have very special personalities of their own.
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:00 pm

I finally got some cute piggy lips, lol. I was bribing LG with a piece of lettuce that's off camera.

The 3Piggles ZippyandLG308004
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 12:27 am

OMG!!! she's beautiful I love these kind of pictures, lucky you I can't even take a picture like this no matter what I am holding in my hands lol
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 1:34 am

I thought, since Yuselin asked, that I'd post a pic of myself. Since I don't like getting my pic taken, I have none of just me, but I have a cute one of LG and me, relaxing in my old piggy bathrobe. I hope you like it.
The 3Piggles LittleGirllookingcute001-1
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 10:33 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, how cute!!!!!!! very very very cute!
Back to top Go down
Pigjes

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-03-31

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 2:42 pm

That's a great piggierobe!! The 3Piggles 298358
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The 3Piggles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 3Piggles   The 3Piggles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 3Piggles
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next