The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Can I feed nuts eg peanuts to my pig ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Can I feed nuts eg peanuts to my pig ? Empty
PostSubject: Can I feed nuts eg peanuts to my pig ?   Can I feed nuts eg peanuts to my pig ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 11:38 am

I personally do not feed any nuts to my cavies, they can hurt their stomach and they cannot digested properly. You should NOT feed your piggy sunflower seeds. The reasons why these types of seeds cannot be offered to piggies is because they contain a highly volume of fat, which can lead to obesity. These seeds are also considered a choking hazard, the best diet to provide your cavy is to offer them a good quality dry mix of pellets with the appropriate amount of vitamin C, hay, fresh vegetables (avoid iceberg lettuce) and fresh water. These dietary compliments will keep your piggy healthy. PLEASE DO NOT FEED your cavy any type of seeds, I would recommend to provide your cavy(s) with the appropriate food.

Happy and Healthy Can I feed nuts eg peanuts to my pig ? 91609
Back to top Go down

Can I feed nuts eg peanuts to my pig ?
Page 1 of 1