The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Pigjes Piggadise

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pigjes

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Pigjes Piggadise Empty
PostSubject: Pigjes Piggadise   Pigjes Piggadise Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 1:44 am

I know, I know, we overdid it, lol.

But, everything to please those beedy sweet eyes!!! Here's our cage. The cabinet on the right is even a fire exit escape "pod", as the pigs can be chased in there, sealed off moving 4 clips and close the entrance, close the lid and roll the cabinet out the door: all done in 2 minutes in case of an emergency! It contains the most important items, like pellets, hay and meds, as a survival kit.

Jet Setter Pigs

As there are no c&c grids here, the cage is built from connected playpen panels. Easy to build, works as well and doesn't rust like the grids did (had the shipped to here: they didn't last 3 years).
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Pigjes Piggadise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigjes Piggadise   Pigjes Piggadise Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:07 am

OMG!!!!!!! how precious I want to build cages out of play pens too. We have grids here at west palm but they are too expensive and while I pay 12 for a set of playpens I will pay 20+ for a set of grids. I still dont have the enough money but I have some ideas to make the cages as fun as possible.
Back to top Go down
Pigjes

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Pigjes Piggadise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigjes Piggadise   Pigjes Piggadise Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 2:35 pm

I had grids shipped to me for TONS of money. I was so pleased back then.

First, it turned out that there is almost no way you can build a cage without a helping hand. Too many zip ties to hold and handle on your own. Then, they started corroding from the pigs pee. They didn't last 3 years and that's too expensive.

The cage playpens are made from tin or zink, so they don't rust. They handle easily on your own, especially because there are already 6 linked to each other. They bend more easily then the mesh grids I had.
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Pigjes Piggadise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigjes Piggadise   Pigjes Piggadise Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:20 am

It's too bad there's no market for cavy cage designers, lol. We could make a fortune!!!! You have such great ideas, and quite a portfolio of different settings. You'd get a lot of business.
Back to top Go down
krystal268

krystal268

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Pigjes Piggadise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigjes Piggadise   Pigjes Piggadise Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 4:26 am

omg, thats such a cute idea, i just got my little skinney pig, and i eventually plan on upgrading his living space! (hopefully by building a new cage) lol, but ya, thats such a good idea, i gotta say! Pigjes Piggadise 91609 Pigjes Piggadise 635752
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Pigjes Piggadise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigjes Piggadise   Pigjes Piggadise Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 7:14 am

We would love to see your piggie feel free to join the gallery Smile
Back to top Go down
krystal268

krystal268

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Pigjes Piggadise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigjes Piggadise   Pigjes Piggadise Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am

lol thanks! i will!!! Cool queen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pigjes Piggadise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pigjes Piggadise   Pigjes Piggadise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pigjes Piggadise
Page 1 of 1