The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

sadie

Go down 
+6
pghsteelersgirl7
cavykissums
snugglebunnylumpkins
Romaine
GuineaPigLuvver
kaylinscavies
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kaylinscavies

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-01-04

sadie Empty
PostSubject: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 1:02 pm

here's some pics of sadie sunny

sadie Th_002-6

sadie Th_004-3

sadie Th_006-3

sadie Th_020
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 1:24 pm

It's good to hear from you again and Sadie.
Back to top Go down
Romaine
Banned

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-01-19

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 1:32 am

How is Sadie feeling?

We are all so worried about her.
Back to top Go down
kaylinscavies

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-01-04

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:33 am

Romaine wrote:
How is Sadie feeling?

We are all so worried about her.

she's fine flower she loves being held and loves snuggling with me
Back to top Go down
snugglebunnylumpkins
Banned

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-01-21

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 9:42 pm

Have you confirmed the pregnancy? Has she been to the vet for a checkup?
Back to top Go down
cavykissums

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-01-17

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:47 pm

Is that scale right? She is weighing in at 2 1/2 lbs?
Back to top Go down
Romaine
Banned

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:27 am

She is a BIG piggy :blinkingpiggy:
Back to top Go down
snugglebunnylumpkins
Banned

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:54 am

I think it's bad for big piggies to be preggers. sadie 810481
Back to top Go down
Romaine
Banned

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:59 am

You think or do you know?
Back to top Go down
pghsteelersgirl7
pghsteelersgirl7

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-01-06

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 4:22 pm

not a bad weight for her though. But my biggest girl was 3.5 pounds, and my biggest boy was 4.5 pounds.
Back to top Go down
snugglebunnylumpkins
Banned

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 7:31 pm

There is a difference between a healthy living weight and a healthy weight for breeding. Sadie is heavy for breeding.
Back to top Go down
cavykissums

Number of posts : 44

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:37 pm

pghsteelersgirl7 wrote:
not a bad weight for her though. But my biggest girl was 3.5 pounds, and my biggest boy was 4.5 pounds.

It's a horrible weight to breed a sow! Just adds major complications to their pregnancies. Being that large adds at least a 50% chance of getting toxemia. That poor animal has everything against her.

Most of the people scream animal abuse when they hear someone is fighting their dog or someone did something to a cat. This is no different then those so where is the justice for that poor guinea pig. It is the same as animal abuse. And she just keeps coming on all sunshine and flowers talking about her breeding. The ASPCA takes animals away, when the owners knowingly put their animals lives in danger this is no different and they all should be taken away from an unstable owner, who only does things to serve herself.

You as mods and admins let her talk like this basically turning your head in another direction. So should we pick and choose what is and what isn't animal abuse?
Back to top Go down
snugglebunnylumpkins
Banned

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:58 pm

cavykissums wrote:
pghsteelersgirl7 wrote:

It's a horrible weight to breed a sow! Just adds major complications to their pregnancies. Being that large adds at least a 50% chance of getting toxemia. That poor animal has everything against her.

Most of the people scream animal abuse when they hear someone is fighting their dog or someone did something to a cat. This is no different then those so where is the justice for that poor guinea pig. It is the same as animal abuse. And she just keeps coming on all sunshine and flowers talking about her breeding. The ASPCA takes animals away, when the owners knowingly put their animals lives in danger this is no different and they all should be taken away from an unstable owner, who only does things to serve herself.

You as mods and admins let her talk like this basically turning your head in another direction. So should we pick and choose what is and what isn't animal abuse?

See, I told ya. sadie 488651
Back to top Go down
Romaine
Banned

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 10:36 pm

Poor sadie No
Back to top Go down
snugglebunnylumpkins
Banned

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 10:50 pm

It is very sad. What if Sadie dies but the bubs live?!? Who will nurse them? sadie 57359 sadie 582823 Shocked Maybe we should pray for her. sadie 91609
Back to top Go down
Romaine
Banned

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 11:07 pm

Praying is good sadie 91609
Back to top Go down
littlebunnyphuphu

Number of posts : 6

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 11:40 pm

I have remained silent but feel it would be negligent of me not to post on this thread.

I hope that this breeding fiasco doesn't serve as a "go ahead" for someone teetering on the edge of whether or not to breed their pet.

This owner did not do any research prior to embarking on this probably lethal journey. This sow is far too old, out of condition, seriously overweight, and that is only what I can tell without knowing any other background information.

Meaning no offense because things can happen that are out of our control, but the profound losses of this owner within one year may point to bad animal husbandry practices. I know several people with over 50 pigs that have lost way fewer pigs than this small scale pet owner. Given the number of deaths, it is harder to believe that there were no warning signs on any of them and yet, more still perished. I worry that this owner is unwilling or unable to see bad health indicators which would also equal death for this sow.

The highest risk to this sow is the loss of elasticity of her tendons. This will cause the pelvic bones to have less room to spread apart to accomodate a baby in the birth canal. Given this sows overweight status, if there is only a baby or two, the babies will be more likely to be large and unable to pass on their own. This would mean agonizing labor pains until the sow passes from shock or her uterus hemorrages and she bleeds to death, neither is pretty, nor does this sow or any other deserve it.

If for some freak of nature, she were to survive delivery, an older sow that has never given birth, will more likely refuse the babies than a younger sow or an older experienced one. Again, her weight and lack of condition will work against her, she will be worn out and exhausted and nature may tell her, her best chance will be without the babies. She is also much more likely to not produce milk.

Ok, it she makes it through delivery, she accepts her babies and has adequate milk production to sustain them, she is at a much higher risk of developing toxemia. I don't have actual numbers but from my own experience, her chances of developing toxemia are 60 / 40 given her weight, age, and lack of condition. I personally do not know of a sow that was able to survive toxemia, although I have heard of some. Even with medical intervention, there is very little chance. This is again assuming that the owner is able or willing to spot the signs which are difficult to spot.

I feel that this event is the epitome of irresponsibility. I'm sorry but to this very moment, I have not seen one shred of remorse or one glimpse of an admission of a mistake being made. I think it sucks for poor Sadie, I can't bear to look at another photo of her innocent face knowing her likely fate. I feel that without some form of divine intervention, this sow will most likely die and wonder how the owner can sleep at night and still be reveling in the glory of this breeding.

There are tens of thousands of pigs out there needing homes at this very moment and yet this owner decides to play Russian roulette with the life of her beloved pet in order to get another. It makes no sense at all to me.

I realize this is a public forum and people can give their own opionions, however, I really worry that obviously no one on this staff has any form of a medical background. I worry that in this thread two members of the staff are more or less condoning this event. I would be more than willing to guide this owner through the pregnancy, put my judgement aside, and help to save Sadie in any way I can, as long as this person was willing to stop painting everything through guilt free rose colored glasses and pull up her big girl panties and not run hide everytime something that she didn't like was said.
Back to top Go down
littlebunnyphuphu

Number of posts : 6

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 11:47 pm

I know that there are two breeders that I have seen so far, maybe more that have been chastised just for offering their opinions. I understand wanting to keep this a happy loving place but they are not trying to be rude, just stating facts. Because I didn't want to be branded as rude, I have not posted but can't remain silent. If people are afraid to speak up about what is medically unsound, then will this forum take responsibility for the death of other pigs that could result from a lack of the other side being represented? I am very worried that if this Sadie situation is played out in a rosey way and no one speaks out in an educated manner, then someone else may come along and this that this is ok.

Kaylinscavies, this is not a good situation. You need to pull out of you shell and deal with the situation you have created in a mature and diligent manner. No time for running and hiding when you think you are being ganged up on. Frankly, people are ganging up on you for good reason, because they fear for the life of your pet, something that I am alarmed that you are not more concerned with. If you want help in possibly saving her life, you need to post her weights here daily, you need to make people aware of every stop of this pregnancy.

This was wrong, should you be chastised for it, not if you are willing to admit that it was ill advised and want to do the right thing by Sadie.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 11:51 pm

littlebunnyphuphu, thank you for such a great thread. If you want to help her that is wonderful and very kind of you, but I doubt she will take any advise, I am so sorry for this thread but I lost with everything I was trying to keep quite everything I was feeling inside, but I'm tired of it. We advised andrea and she did not listening before her "breeding trip" me and other member advised her not to do so, I think it was me cherish and well all of us after new members arrived. I am tired of people thinking that I agree with this type of behavior I DON'T but I wanted her to stay around and help her. Andrea I am sorry for this but I was holding it inside of me and now I think the same as the rest of the members. I would love to hear you say that you did not bred your sow and thank us, but unfurtunetly you will never say that. Sorry everyone for this post but I needed to let it out. Thank you for such a great post and thanks to everyone for loving and caring for your guinea pigs and pets. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Romaine
Banned

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 12:05 am

Wow! Those were three of the most intelligent posts, that I have seen on this forum.
Back to top Go down
BJsMama
Banned

Number of posts : 54

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 12:52 am

Great posts. I am also praying for Sadie and her babies.
Back to top Go down
pghsteelersgirl7
pghsteelersgirl7

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-01-06

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 4:19 am

I am not talking about weight for breeding or having bubs. I am talking when she ain't breeding.

Andrea I so wished you had done more and more research and found a much better vet who knows cavies, not yours that you so call cavy savvy vet. I am very sad for Sadie. but upset with you.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 4:23 am

I think her vet is a dog & cat vet not cavy vet. The vet said things really nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Romaine
Banned

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 6:41 am

GuineaPigLuvver wrote:
I think her vet is a dog & cat vet not cavy vet. The vet said things really nonsense.

That vet is a moron.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 7:02 am

Don't need to call names, but if you think about it he/she did not know what she was saying "sow can[b] get pregnant after a year old even though she has never been a mom before scratch I hope Sadie goes through all of this healthy and safe she deserves it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

sadie Empty
PostSubject: Re: sadie   sadie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

sadie
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Guinea Piggyn World :: 
Forum Topics
 :: Gallery
-