The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Guinea Pig Sounds

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Guinea Pig Sounds Empty
PostSubject: Guinea Pig Sounds   Guinea Pig Sounds Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 12:51 pm

DESCRIPTION OF SOUNDS

-Wheek - A loud noise, the name of which is onomatopoeic, also known as a Whistle. An expression of general excitement, it may occur in response to the presence of its owner or to feeding. It is sometimes used to find other guinea pigs if they are running. If a guinea pig is lost, it may wheek for assistance.
-Bubbling or Purring - This sound is made when the guinea pig is enjoying itself, such as when being petted or held. They may also make this sound when grooming, crawling around to investigate a new place, or when given food.
-Rumbling - This sound is normally related to dominance within a group, though it can also come as a response to comfort or contentment. While courting, a male usually purrs deeply, swaying and circling the female in a behavior called "rumblestrutting".
-Chutting and Whining - These are sounds made in pursuit situations, by the pursuer and pursuee, respectively.
-Chattering - This sound is made by rapidly gnashing the teeth, and is generally a sign of warning. Guinea pigs tend to raise their heads when making this sound.
-Squealing or Shrieking - A high-pitched sound of discontent, in response to pain or danger.
-Squealing or Shrieking - A high-pitched sound of discontent, in response to pain or danger.

[center]
Back to top Go down
happiestgirl

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Guinea Pig Sounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Sounds   Guinea Pig Sounds Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 1:47 am

Don't forget the ever elusive "chirping" sound. Only certain cavies do this and it is thought to be a sound of contentment. It sounds like a bird. Smile My Prince Charming is a chirper. Guinea Pig Sounds 91609
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Guinea Pig Sounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Sounds   Guinea Pig Sounds Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 2:05 am

Awww, I love it when they whistle at me when they here my footsteps or my voice they start the wheeking wheekin it's very special.
Back to top Go down
Romaine
Banned

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Guinea Pig Sounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Sounds   Guinea Pig Sounds Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:52 am

Wheek wheek wheek wheek.

Sound familiar Guinea Pig Sounds 51771
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Guinea Pig Sounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Sounds   Guinea Pig Sounds Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:55 am

hahahha!!
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Guinea Pig Sounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Sounds   Guinea Pig Sounds Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:21 am

My Little Girl sings, and there's a bird outside that makes the same sound. I don't know what it is, so I call it the Piggy Bird. Momma and Little Girl chirp, and it's accompanied by a vibrating like a purring of the whole body. I love when they do that. Zippy is my talker, who has long conversations with me, lol. If you watch your piggy's body language when it makes certain sounds, you may find you have a talker, too. As for wheeking, with mine that means they've been without treats for too long, and I had better get my little cavy slave self up there and take care of that, lol.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Guinea Pig Sounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Sounds   Guinea Pig Sounds Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 10:20 am

One of my boars spends the whole day standing in his two little feets. When he hears me walking or talking he starts doing this wheeking, wheeking it's very special to hear your little cutie piggies do that because that means they're happy to see you.
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Guinea Pig Sounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Sounds   Guinea Pig Sounds Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 11:45 pm

They also know you from other people. Mine talk to me, and call for me. They want me to respond, and if someone else does, they eat that treat, then go back to calling for me. I fell and broke both my wrists last January, and was in bed for the better part of two months. I managed to get down the hall to the piggy room each time I got out of bed, just to spend some time with them. I couldn't hold them, sob, but Icould give them treats. It was so good to get my hands back so I could hold my babies.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Guinea Pig Sounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Sounds   Guinea Pig Sounds Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 1:10 am

It feel good, when you cuddle them in your chest. I love kissing my babies in their little heads
Back to top Go down
butercupsmom

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Guinea Pig Sounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Sounds   Guinea Pig Sounds Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 8:39 pm

What does it mean when they make a soft kinda squeaky noise? Sometimes you have get close to her to hear it.

My daughter and I just got a new female piggy, a year old, that we ADORE and she does this when we pet and talk to her with her in our lap.

We are just curious - does this mean she likes what we are doing?
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Guinea Pig Sounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Sounds   Guinea Pig Sounds Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 9:52 pm

Do you have any type of microphone or anything that yu could record the piggy's noise? That would be great!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guinea Pig Sounds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guinea Pig Sounds   Guinea Pig Sounds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guinea Pig Sounds
Page 1 of 1