The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Maintaining A Healthy Weight

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Maintaining A Healthy Weight Empty
PostSubject: Maintaining A Healthy Weight   Maintaining A Healthy Weight Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 1:12 pm

You should always feed your cavy healthy and adequate food made for your cavy not other small mammals. To keep a record of your cavy's weight you should create a folder or purchase a notebook in which you can write down their weight weekly. I will show you my method later on in this thread. A postal scale is accurate when wighting your cavy. Please follow these steps they are very important because the first sign of sickness in your cavy is "stop eating" very quite and uncomfortable when moving. If you noticed your cavy has lost 1-2 oz in a week that is normal for if you notice 4+ in a week I would recommend you to take your piggy to a vet ASAP, because he/she might be sick Remember!!! they do not show any signs of sickness, and we have to focus on every little detail to protect our pets and care for them in order to offer them a long lasting healthy life Maintaining A Healthy Weight 91609
Back to top Go down

Maintaining A Healthy Weight
Page 1 of 1