The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Reputation Rules

Go down 
+4
Romaine
Pigs N Buns
GuineaPigLuvver
3Piggles
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
3Piggles
3Piggles

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 3:59 am

I think this is good. It helps members understand why they should or shouldn't give reputation points.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:02 am

Yeah, I think it challenges the members to learn and not just give out points for a cute picture.
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:06 am

ON the CC, I sometimes felt the IN crowd gave lots of points to each other, while the rest of us had to really earn them. That doesn't make new users want to try, if they feel they can't get points unless they're part of the IN crowd. I think you make it clear the points for for useful content, not who posts the most pics, or does the best bling, or whatever.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:11 am

Yeah, and I made it clear we all have a 0 reputation even the admin and mods
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:19 am

That's one of the good things about getting in at the start of a forum. We can enforce rules, so when new members join, they can just fall into step.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:22 am

Yup, I tried to be open minded and very fair to all members.
Back to top Go down
3Piggles
3Piggles

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:35 am

I think you've succeeded. It probably didn't hurt that you experienced the down side of the CC, so you know how forums can be.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:39 am

Yup, you're right!
Back to top Go down
Pigs N Buns

Pigs N Buns

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:50 am

How do you give Reputation? There have been quite a few posts that I believe were very informative, knowledgeable and worthy of a reputation but I do not know how to give it.
Back to top Go down
Romaine
Banned

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:52 am

I LOVE giving reputation.

Reputation time Reputation Rules 298358
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:53 am

The sign that looks like this ! in the poster's thread you have to press it and choose from the drop-down menu if you think it was helpful press the one "helpful post" if you think it was dangerous choose "dangerous post" It works only for those reasons. I will put the guidelines for it under the rules. Have fun!!!
Back to top Go down
Romaine
Banned

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:54 am

Thanks!

You are so helpful.
Back to top Go down
Pigs N Buns

Pigs N Buns

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-01-18

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:55 am

Oh I was afraid to touch that because it said report post to mod or admin. I didn't want to make a mistake!

Reputation Rules 9225
Back to top Go down
Romaine
Banned

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:56 am

Where did you find the puppy?

I love him bouncer
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:57 am

Yeah, this forum does not supports the Rep. system but I created one and came up with the idea Wink you can press report and then choose one of the options. Wink
Back to top Go down
Romaine
Banned

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:58 am

Too cool.

So when I learn something new, I can reward.

I like it.
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 5:02 am

Yup, as long as someone helped you with your question, responding in a safe way to your piggy's health. Well guys talk to you later I have to begin the cleaning journey Sad Evil or Very Mad Mad Razz I love them too Reputation Rules 289443
Back to top Go down
englishteacher
Banned

Number of posts : 26

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 6:00 am

3Piggles wrote:
I think you've succeeded. It probably didn't hurt that you experienced the down side of the CC, so you know how forums can be.

Very classy bashing another site on the open boards. I think she has experienced the "down side" of several forums before creating this one, didn't she?
Back to top Go down
animal lover
Banned
animal lover

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 6:10 am

what is cc ???
Back to top Go down
BJsMama
Banned

Number of posts : 54

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 6:15 am

Carbon Copy, silly.
Back to top Go down
animal lover
Banned
animal lover

Number of posts : 38

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 6:21 am

who are you calling silly ?

so it she was on a forum called carbon copy Reputation Rules 298358

strange name
Back to top Go down
cavykissums

Number of posts : 44

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:25 am

englishteacher wrote:
3Piggles wrote:

Very classy bashing another site on the open boards. I think she has experienced the "down side" of several forums before creating this one, didn't she?

Englishteacher you are new here and this forum will not tolerate unhappy behavior. They support everyone, so come on cheer up and enjoy yourself. I bet you will find a lot of great information lovers
Back to top Go down
englishteacher
Banned

Number of posts : 26

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:26 am

cavykissums wrote:
englishteacher wrote:
3Piggles wrote:

Englishteacher you are new here and this forum will not tolerate unhappy behavior. They support everyone, so come on cheer up and enjoy yourself. I bet you will find a lot of great information lovers

Still looking. No
Back to top Go down
cavykissums

Number of posts : 44

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:51 am

englishteacher wrote:
cavykissums wrote:
englishteacher wrote:
3Piggles wrote:

Still looking. No

Well maybe you just had a bad day! Why don't you kick back and enjoy yourself angel
Back to top Go down
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:52 am

Other forum, which I had really bad experiences disregard that. I don't wan to mention them in my forum. Don't want problems or nasty arguments. I'll be back soon. I'm almost done with everything I am so tired Sad I love your avatar by the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reputation Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation Rules   Reputation Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reputation Rules
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next