The Guinea Piggyn World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Guinea Piggyn World

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  

Swimming Therapy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Swimming Therapy Empty
PostSubject: Swimming Therapy   Swimming Therapy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 5:52 am

The swimming therapy is very good for piggies to acomodate them to the idea of baths to decrease the stress it causes everytime you bath your piggies. All you need to do is fill the tub or sink with warm water, hold the piggy with one hand and place the piggy in your hand's palm and carefully and slowlly put the piggy in the water without letting him go alone. Let the piggy relax in your hand's palm and if you see he is enjoying it then leave the piggy swim for a while if you see the piggy is getting stress out please remove the piggy dry him/her off and let the piggy calm down. After a couple of minutes try to do the same thing just for a couple of minutes DO NOT try this for more them 30 minutes, because your piggy will be very tired and stress instead of being relax and calmed down. Try this slowlly remember to be patient. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Swimming Therapy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swimming Therapy   Swimming Therapy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:25 am

Ah, coool. I never knew piggies could swim/be bathed.
Back to top Go down
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Menagerie
GuineaPigLuvver
Administrator
Administrator
GuineaPigLuvver

Number of posts : 1182
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Swimming Therapy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swimming Therapy   Swimming Therapy Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:56 am

Yes they can swim and you can bath them too, but in a period of three months. So it would be like 3 times a year I do bath mine piggies sometimes more because they tend to get a bit smelly, but you should bath piggies just 3 times a year to avoid any skin irritation. Constant bathing can dry off their natural skin oil's leading to irritation. I have never heard or experience skin irritations, but you know its better to prevent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Swimming Therapy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swimming Therapy   Swimming Therapy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swimming Therapy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Guinea Piggyn World :: 
Cavy Topics
 :: Cavy Health, Behavior, Anatomy
-